Friday, June 22, 2012

Vegan Basil Fettuccine Pasta



I never have thought that vegan foods would be this good! Unforgivably, I have always said to myself that vegan foods are always bland since they basically have no sugar in their foods. But I was wrong. After tasting this amazing pasta, I now pledge that I will never, ever doubt the different forms of food, ever again! Follow me on this blog for more blog updates!

Ingredients:
1 pound fettuccine noodle, uncooked
1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
2 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
  1. Cook the pasta following package directions. Drain and set aside.
  2. Place toasted pine nuts, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper into food processor and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Blend for 10 seconds until chopped. Stop the motor and drizzle with remaining oil. Process again for another 30 seconds, or until almost smooth. 
  3. Toss and mix into the cooked pasta. Serve warm.
***Pesto sauce can by covered in a tight container for one week. Makes 1/2 cup of pesto

No comments:

Post a Comment