Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Crispy Fried Donuts




Breakfast is my ultimate favorite time to feast on sweets and candies. Weird right? I just love to cram on crackers, and sweet cupcakes for breakfast when I was a kid. Things never changed but the fact that I now eat tons of my favorite muffins and Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereals :) Today, I made my famous pan fried donuts, and they taste just like the ones in Dunkin' Donuts! Follow me on this blog for more blog updates!

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch nutmeg
2 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
Oil
  1. Heat a deep fryer pan or fill a saucepan with oil halfway, and heat it up to 375 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, fist together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and sugar until blended together. Mix in the melted butter until crummy, then stir in the milk until incorporated. Add in the egg until smooth.
  3. On a floured surface, knead the dough and roll it out into 1/4 inch thickness.
  4. Cut out the dough into desired shape (I used cookie cutters), and carefully insert the shaped dough into the preheated fryer. Cook for 3 minutes then flip to the other side, frying again for another 1 minute (or until both sides are golden brown). Drain fried donuts on a dry paper towel.
  5. Cool completely before glazing/sprinkling 

No comments:

Post a Comment