Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Orange Marmalade Bread



Hey guys! So sadly my camera broke so I took this photo on my phone and posted it up on my blog. :) So thankful that I own a phone that has free internet heh heh. Anyways, while I was reading news this morning on Yahoo, I came upon a story about a teenager buying a $50 camera, tying it with a helium balloon, and setting it to space to take amazing pictures. After reading this news I weirdly thought, "What if I tied a cupcake to a balloon and setting it to space? Who knows what's going to discover it." Of course, I don't own a giant balloon, or a stable balloon that can actually go to space. But my thought was creative wasn't it? ;) Follow me on this blog for more blog updates!

Ingredients 


1-1/2 cup All-purpose Flour1/2 teaspoon Salt2 teaspoons Baking Powder1 cup (heaping) Plain, Lowfat Yogurt1 cup Sugar3 whole Eggs1 teaspoon Vanilla1 whole Zest Of Lemon1/2 cup Canola Oil


For the Lemon Glaze:
1 cup powder sugar
2-3 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon
For the Orange Glaze:

1/2 cup Prepared Orange Marmelade1/4 cup Yogurt

    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick baking spray (or grease and flour it if it makes your skirt fly up). Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
    3. In a separate bowl, mix together 1 cup of yogurt, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and canola oil until just combined. Pour over dry ingredients and mix until just combined; do not over beat.
    4. Pour into a loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Remove from pan. While cake is cooling, in a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice and powder sugar until dissolved. Brush the sides and top of the bread with the lemon syrup and layer it until the bread is soaked. Pour marmalade into a small sauce pan. Heat it on low until melted, stirring occasionally. Add 1/4 cup of yogurt to the pan and turn off heat. Stir to combine, then pour slowly over the top of the cake, allowing icing to pool around the sides.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment