Saturday, September 22, 2012

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies


I gave these cookies for my friends birthday and she was amazed by the flavor and the color of the cookies! A nice afternoon snack with some minty cookies are great for stopping your sweet tooth cravings. I never knew there would be such thing as a green cookie until I recently found this recipe. My house filled with a wonderful mint smell that I loved so much! Follow me on this blog for more blog updates! Enjoy!


Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon mint extract
8-10 drops of green food coloring
1/2 cup minty baking chips
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Mix together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
  3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
  4. Beat in egg, mint, food coloring, and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
  5. Add the baking chips and chocolate chunks.
  6. Roll dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment