Friday, December 21, 2012

Day 8 Christmas Countdown: Pumpkin Donuts


Although I am not a fan of any pumpkin bread without icing, I say that these donuts taste GREAT with some cinnamon ssugar and hot coffee! Since I had a lot of canned pumpkin purée laying around at my house, I just whipped up this easy, oven baked donuts in my special mini donut pan I had just got at Micheal's Arts and Crafts. Hope you guys try out this recipe and enjoy your holidays! Follow me on this blog for more blog updates or please leave a comment if desired. Enjoy!


Pumpkin donuts

1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin)
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice,
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons (8 ounces) all purpose flour

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two standard doughnut pans. 
  2. Mix all ingredients except for the flour until smooth. Slowly stir in the flour until just mixed.
  3. Fill each donut hole 3/4 of the way full with batter. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, if using a standard donut pan. For mini donuts, bake for 12-15 minutes.  Let the donuts sit out to cool for about 5 minutes after they're done baking, loosen their edges, and invert them to a rack to cool. 
  4. While the doughnuts are still warm to the touch (but no longer fragile), gently shake them in a bag with cinnamon-sugar. Or better yet, pumpkin-spice sugar, made by combining pumpkin pie spice with granulated sugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment